Dr. Hansen specializes in communicating complex scientific principles to diverse audiences.
With over 25 years experience, Dr. Hansen offers practical solutions for "wicked problems". She blends veterinary medicine, public health, epidemiology, animal welfare, and communication in a One Health framework.
Dr. Hansen adds veterinary medicine and science policy consulting services to the portfolio of Hansen Consulting, LLC. Among her work and accomplishments:
- Chair of the advisory board of the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine One Health Action Collaborative
- An honest broker for industry, consumer advocacy, public health, academic, antibiotic resistance, animal welfare, and food safety safety groups
- Requested spokesperson for national and international media
- DC representative with the HSVMA
- Member of the AVMA
- Former state epidemiologist and state public health veterinarian for the Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Five years as the Veterinary Senior Officer at the Pew Charitable Trusts
- Practical veterinary experience with 12 years in private veterinary practices